If you typed in "Recall" (Antic, August 1984, page 12), you're probably having trouble getting it to work. In order for the program to work correctly, the variable QQ$ in line 10000 must be the first variable entered in the program. Here's how to get the working version:
1. ENTER or LOAD the version of RECALL that you've typed in.
2. LIST "D:RECALL.LST" (Cassette users LIST "C: " onto another cassette). if you already have a LISTed version, you may omit this step.
3. Type NEW [RETURN].
4. Type DIM QQ$(1) [RETURN].
5. ENTER "D:RECALL.LST" (Cassette users rewind the cassette from step 2 and ENTER "C: ").
6. The program now in your computer should work correctly. SAVE (don't LIST) a version for permanent storage.
If you haven't already typed the program in, simply type DIM QQ$(1) [RETURN]first, then enter the program.
SORRY, WRONG NUMBER
There was a typographic error in the September 1984 Communications Department article. The phone number for Cassie Stahl's bulletin board should be (408) 289-9151.
BUGS IN THE CAVERNS
Mr. Ramos's "Creepy Caverns" (Antic, August 1984) is a very imaginative game and he should be congratulated. I did run into two errors in the listing which caused the program to stop:
1. I often got an Error 3 at LINE 4105 when shooting arrows. I checked the values and found that T had a value of 2. Since LINE 10 set the maximum values of the two-dimensional array M0(1,5) and T is higher than 1, that caused the error. I changed the DIM value of M0 in LINE 10 to read M0(P,5).
2. Receiving an Error 9 at LINE 349 caused me to check LINE 349, where I found a zero instead of the letter O. The error no longer occurs when the line is changed from PEEK(1607+Y0) to PEEK 1607+YO).
Panama City, FL
There's an error in one of the listings for "Shortcuts to Success" (Antic, June 1984). In Listing 2 on page 89, line 490 should read:
490 CHACT=$02F3 ;CHAR. MODE REG